Finding outfits for your boudoir session is half the fun but sometimes it is hard to know where to start! Keep in mind these simple tips and recommendations and you will look amazing! Here are tons of ideas on what to wear for your boudoir session.
Some things to keep in mind:
- Not every outfit has to be lingerie
- Have at least one bra and panty set
- Bring high heels
- Try everything on before your session
- Brand new lingerie or very lightly worn is best
- Keep your body type in mind
- Wear whatever YOU feel sexy in – if you don’t feel sexy in something, you won’t look sexy in it!
Shop these looks!
Click on the image below to browse or check out the Boudoir Boutique for more options!
GENERAL CLOTHING TIPS
Bring them! They are so sexy and offer many great options for photos of your amazing legs. If you are going to wear thigh highs without a garter, make sure to get the ones with the plastic stay ups so they don’t slip off your leg.
Something of His
If this is a gift for your fiance/husband/boyfriend, then bring something from his wardrobe. This can be one of his favorite ties, a button down shirt, a sports jersey, recreational gear, or his uniform. Anything that makes the images more personal and sexy to him!
Bring those pearls and diamonds to your session! Have a long string of pearls? Those are perfect for draping. Have some stunning diamond earrings? Wear them! They add depth and another level of sexy to your photos. You can easily modify the look of your outfit by changing your accessories. Accessories include jewelry, scarves, hats, stilettos, boots, gloves, fishnets, stockings, garter belts, etc.
The higher the better for your session! You won’t be walking around in them so don’t worry about that part. Black is obviously a great choice and goes with anything – the same with nude heels – but anything with bling or anything that is high and strappy is a must bring! Leave your wedges at home this time.
These are great options and really make your waist look narrow. If you are smaller than a C cup, be sure to grab the ones with built in support so you don’t look flat chested.
Push up bras
Now is the time to pull out all the stops so don’t leave that push up bra at home. Push up bras give some added support to your girls and look amazing in photos!
Bra and Panties
Bring a varied selection of bra and panty sets. Start with basic black and then add colors and patterns. Bras and panties can be photographed alone or paired with any of the other clothing items or accessories you bring.
A baby doll nightie, vintage slip, teddy and/or camisole are always great choices. Corsets with thigh high stockings, a garter belt, and heels are super sexy too. Think about what colors look good on you. Maybe even ask your fiance/husband/boyfriend what outfits he likes or what colors he prefers on you.
Everyday clothing such as sheer tops, jeans or shorts are great choices if going for a more casual look. A simple white tank top or cami are also very versatile and can be paired with many different things!
- Bring your clothing and lingerie on hangers with a garment bag over the top. Don’t stuff it in a duffel! This will reduce wrinkles and fold lines.
- Clean the bottoms of your shoes (and feet) just in case they appear in a photo.
- Cut tags and make sure security devices have been removed from new purchases.
- The magic of photoshop stops at tan lines. Be careful being in the sun before your session.
- Make sure your mani-pedi is fresh and matches your clothing colors and styles. French tips, golds, and neutral colors look really nice. Avoid bold colors as it will become of the focus of the photo.
- Opt for lacy, sheer demi cup bras over full coverage t-shirt bras.
- Come to the session in loose fitting clothes without bras, socks, or panties to prevent dents or lines on your body.
OTHER CLOTHING IDEAS
- Cocktail dress
- Short robe or wrap
- Fur jacket or wrap
- Suit jacket
- Team jersey
- Fashion glasses
- Hair accessories
If you still need ideas, check out the article where do I shop for my boudoir session! And of course I always have a pre-session consultation where we can go over outfit options so that you are even more comfortable with what you are bringing to your session.